This programme gives teenagers, aged 12-18 years, an opportunity to study in Ireland for an academic year or semester. This is the best way to learn English and experience the life and culture of another country and make friends for life.
The students attend local secondary schools and live with a host family, the schools and families are located in Co. Wicklow on the east coast and Co. Mayo on the west coast. All host families are carefully selected and vetted by us and welcome the students as part of their families. All students and families have a coordinator for support and advice and liaising with the teachers and school.
Why SK Dublin?
10 years experience bringing foreign students to Ireland Quality Host-families, visited by our coordinator
Pick up on arrival by our coordinator to establish relationship with student
Regular updates on student’s progress in both school and family
Our host families have teenage children of their own and wish to welcome the participant as one of their own, include him/her in daily family activities and outings.
The host families have parental responsibility for the student while on the programme, they provide the student with their own room and a place to study, and provide all meals.
The families may be rural or live in a town.
All families are carefully interviewed and vetted before they are approved as a host family.
We check the accommodation, especially the room the student will stay and study.
Every student and family has a coordinator assigned. The coordinator is responsible for choosing the school and the family and is available to help the student settle in their new family and schools and support the student throughout their stay. They will also prepare the regular school reports on the student’s progress. The coordinator or the host-family will pick the student up from the airport.
Academic Year – Requirements
- Good level of English Aged 12-18 years Proof of academic attainment to date ability to adapt to different language, culture and education system
- The students attend a local secondary school, Irish schools provide a broad selection of subjects and we choose schools that provide support and advice for their students. All schools are recognized by the Irish Department of Education. The Students can come for a full school year or 1or 2 terms, the options are:<br>
1. Full academic year from the beginning of September to the end of May.
2. One term from September to December or from January to March.
3. Two terms from September to March
• Student enrolment
• School uniform, school books, locker fees, school fees
• Host-family accommodation
• Validation procedures
• Bus ticket to travel to school when required
• Transfers to and from airport, check in, etc.
• Regular updates from school and family
• Pocket money
• Personal insurance
• Own clothes, shoes, rain jacket
• School bag
• Sports clothes, runners and sports equipment
• Extra-curricular activities
• School tours
• Own telephone calls/mobile phone