Terms & Conditions
- The au pair should live as part of the family with a private bedroom. It is expected that the family include the au pair in family and cultural activities.
- The onus is on the host-family to comply with wage regulations. Families are aware that the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) expects all families to register as employers and pay minimum wage (i.e. €10.10 per hour)
- The duties carried out by the au pair should be related to the children. This can include duties such as preparing meals for them and tidying up after them. The au pair can keep the house tidy but should not be treated as a cleaner. The au pair should have Sunday free plus 1 other day or 2 half-days and receive their money weekly.
- The au pair must be collected from the airport and taken back on departure. If this is not possible the family should arrange for a friend to do it or pay for a taxi.
- Placement Fees: Must be paid 10 days before the arrival on the au pair.
|Fees are per au pair|
|Cheques payable to: SK Dublin Language Programmes Ltd.Bank Details:
BIC: AIBKIE2D IBAN: IE12AIBK93302337524043
6. If the family is not happy with the au pair SK Dublin Language Programmes Ltd. must be notified in writing and a minimum of two weeks’ notice of termination must be given. The agency will attempt to find a suitable replacement as soon as possible. If the agency fails to offer a replacement within 2 weeks or if the family decides not to take a replacement au pair, a refund will be made. The refund amount being the placement fee minus the fee for the duration the family had the au pair. In all cases a minimum administration charge of €100 will apply.
7.The au pairs are chosen by the host-families. Families accepting au pairs from us do so at their own risk. Neither SK Dublin Language Programmes Ltd. nor their agents accept responsibility for the au pair’s actions.
8. We cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by the au pair. It is up to the family to be satisfied with the suitability of the au pair applicant.
9. We reserve the right to remove an au pair from the family should the family fail to follow the guidelines and terms and conditions of the placement. In this event no refund will be made.
10. I confirm that I have working smoke alarms fitted in my house.
11. Acceptance of an au pair referred by SK Dublin Language Programmes Ltd. is deemed to be an acceptance of the above conditions.